Yerba Mate: The Secret To Success of Soccer Superstars
It is no secret that yerba mate is a super-energizing beverage that is becoming more well known around the world. Although a deep-rooted tradition in South America, yerba mate is becoming more and more popular globally thanks to these soccer superstars that are seen drinking the beverage before, during and after their practices and games. But one may ask themselves, why do they drink mate before a match instead of coffee or pre-workout?
As you might expect, the reason mate is gaining popularity among footballers is because of the multitude of benefits associated with drinking yerba mate. Yerba mate is an all natural, caffeine rich stimulant that is said increase mood, focus and cognitive ability and improve athletic performance among many other benefits.
Here are some of the amazing benefits yerba mate has to offer as an all natural pre-workout, making it the drink of choice for all star athletes:
- Improves focus and concentration- Yerba is a great companion for when you need to focus at work or to perform well in sports.
- Increases antioxidants in the body- Yerba mate tea is packed with polyphenols. These nutrients slow down naturally occurring degenerative processes and strengthen your immune system.
- Improves cardiovascular health- Yerba mate helps to maintain a healthy cardiovascular system, but also to regulate blood glucose levels.
- Increases vitamin intake- Yerba contains vitamins A, C, E, B1, B2, B3, B5 and B complex and it contains essential minerals like calcium, manganese, iron, selenium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc. All of these help cells to generate energy, your bones to stay strong, and support your immune system to protect you from unwanted visitors.
- Improves bodyweight- In a study, they looked at the effect of Yerba Mate on bodyweight. Interestingly, over a time period of 12 weeks, the researchers found that the people who took yerba lost weight.
- Improves fat burning capacity- it seems that is that drinking yerba helps you to burn fat easier when you do sports. This means that if you want to improve your fat burning capacity during sports, yerba is a solution both from a performance as a weight-loss perspective.
- Decreases inflammation- If you want to regenerate quicker, you can help your body by consuming anti-inflammatory substances. Yerba is such a substance. The beverage decreases the number of inflammatory cytokines and leukocytes. It’s, again, the anti-oxidants that help your body fight this inflammation.
To summarize, yerba mate is said to be the secret weapon for successful footballers as a result of the wonderful benefits this beverage has to offer. It is definitely a healthier, all-natural alternative to the pre-workouts in the market, and in addition it is said to improve cognitive function, improve mood and focus, restore the body by reducing inflammation, improve the quality of sleep, and help to improve athletic performance. It is no wonder it is the preferred drink of choice for these soccer superstars!